Introduction



INTRODUCTION


I am starting this journal to collect my thoughts, ideas, and experiences into one place in words and sometimes with an assist from various forms of media. It seems like only yesterday, I was pouring over legal documents pertaining to a case I was working with the DSS with no end in sight to the amount of work or the potential for any meaningful conclusion. I've never been a fan of people chasing their own tail and I certainly wasn't going to start chasing mine. Yet, there I sat, chasing my own tail, trying to catch up on work that may or may not produce a measurable result that would make sleeping easier. After a brief but meaningful conversation with my lady, it was decided that I was running out of pavement at the county and needed to take the necessary steps towards a future that would be more oriented towards helping people with the emphasis being on helping and not a massive burden that included meaningless repetitive paperwork that seemed endless. So without much contemplation, I signed a resignation letter, handed it in, and begin contemplating the next steps. No, that's actually NOT what I did. I actually spent three more months trying to make sense of the new job that I had taken and without any satisfaction. It was only after a bit of a tiff with my lady that I realized the job was just not was I envisioned. Of course, I had to go suggest something crazy after that spat, "maybe we sell the house and go on the road". To my surprise (not really), it was a grin and a "maybe" that got the ball rolling in a direction that now has me sitting in a coffee shop in Sisters, OR writing this. Fast forward past all the craziness of a job resignation, a lot of conversations, and a house sale (2 contracts and a lot of anxiousness). Last week on Friday we signed what would seal the deal on the house. Our post home sale course? Due west, a couple of graduations, a wedding, and nothing but open road. 

Comments